Introduction and specs
The Poco M5, similar to the Poco M4 5G introduced in August, is one among Xiaomi’s most reasonably priced handsets within the portfolio. Each handsets are fairly comparable, however the M5 lacks 5G connectivity and it is out there in additional markets worldwide. There’s additionally an Indian variant of the M5, which is generally equivalent to its world counterpart, so it is secure to make use of this assessment as a reference in case you are positioned in India and you might be deciding on whether or not you should purchase the Poco M5.
Regardless that the Poco M4 5G gives a Dimensity chipset whereas the more moderen M5 depends on a supposedly much less highly effective Helio G99 (going by MediaTek’s naming scheme), there should not be any substantial distinction in efficiency. The Dimensity 700 on the M4 5G has a 5G modem and it is based mostly on a 7nm manufacturing course of, whereas the Helio G99 employs the identical octa-core CPU, the identical Mali-G57 MC2 GPU however omits the 5G half. So in a method, these two are 4G and 5G variants of the identical handset.
Xiaomi Poco M5 • Xiaomi Poco M5 (India)
Having mentioned that, we already know what to anticipate from the Poco M5, however there is likely to be some marginal, if any, variations in battery life and maybe pictures. Regardless that the G99 is positioned decrease than the Dimenisty 700 in MediaTek’s hierarchy, it has the extra succesful ISP of each and helps greater refresh charge shows. And, in fact, the Poco M5 (even the one in India) has a stronger 50MP most important sensor.
Xiaomi Poco M5 specs at a look:
- Physique: 164.0×76.1×8.9mm, 201g; Glass entrance (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic body, plastic again.
- Show: 6.58″ IPS LCD, 90Hz, 500 nits (HBM), 1080x2408px decision, 20.07:9 facet ratio, 401ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT8781 Helio G99 (6nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Reminiscence: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (devoted slot).
- OS/Software program: Android 12, MIUI 13.
- Rear digital camera: Broad (most important): 50 MP, f/1.8, PDAF; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Entrance digital camera: 5 MP, f/2.2, (vast), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm.
- Video seize: Rear digital camera: 1080p@30fps; Entrance digital camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 18W wired.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; FM radio; Infrared port; 3.5mm jack.
Both method, similar to the Poco M4 5G, the M5 proposes an excellent worth for the asking value operating on an enormous battery, mature and reliable MIUI 13 Android pores and skin and ample pictures expertise within the context of a low-end system. Let’s take a deeper dive past the specs within the following pages.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Poco M5
The Poco M5’s field is sort of beneficiant. Other than the usual person manuals and the wall charger with USB-A to USB-C connector, the field additionally offers you a clear silicone protecting case.
There’s additionally a movie display screen protector so that you can apply. It isn’t pre-installed, which is sort of attention-grabbing.