In one of many stranger items of reports that we now have heard as we speak, famend anime streamer Crunchyroll has introduced that it’s growing and publishing a retro-inspired online game primarily based on its traditional mascot Hime (thanks, Gematsu). What’s weirder nonetheless is that it will likely be playable on Recreation Boy Coloration through Restricted Run Video games, with cartridge pre-orders now obtainable.
Simply to make clear, sure, you probably did learn that proper.
Hime’s Quest is an 8-bit action-adventure sport set in 1999, the place you play because the streamer’s mascot who’s on a mission to save lots of a small-town anime membership from the specter of the evil Y2K – and also you thought this information could not get any stranger! One take a look at the above trailer and you will note that the corporate goes all out to embody these late-90s vibes. From the real-world actors to the Energy Rangers-esque villain – yep, that takes us again.
Notably we’ve not seen a variety of gameplay footage to this point which is considerably troubling when you think about the truth that that is… a sport. From the small quantity that we will spy on the finish of the trailer, nonetheless, it actually appears retro sufficient.
For an concept of the sport’s options, take a look at the next from Crunchyroll:
– Journey by means of haunted forests, mirage-filled deserts and extra in Crunchyroll-Hime’s largest quest but.
– Hack and slash your manner by means of dungeons and face-off in opposition to completely buggin fiends in league with Y2K.
– Kick-back with Crunchyroll-Hime’s associates within the anime membership or pay a go to to spooky manga creator Junji Ito who’s at the moment OBSESSED with spirals.
– Some video games allow you to pet the canine, this one allows you to *strive* to pet the cat. Are you able to succeed and provides Crunchyroll-Hime’s greatest good friend Yuzu a pat on the pinnacle?
– PLAY IT LOUD! with a chiptune soundtrack by future (time paradox averted) award-winning 8-bit composer and musician Protodome.
The sport shall be playable on the Recreation Boy Coloration through a bodily cartridge created in partnership with Restricted Run Video games. This very cartridge is now obtainable to pre-order for $44.99 (round £38 / 43€) in both ‘Crunchyroll Orange’ from the Crunchyroll on-line retailer or in ‘Restricted Run Blue’ from Restricted Run Video games. Pre-orders will finish on twenty third December, 2022 with the sport anticipated to ship in Might, 2023. Get able to blow the mud out of that factor earlier than loading it up.
Apart from this bodily launch, Crunchyroll has additionally introduced that Hime’s Quest shall be obtainable to obtain and play without spending a dime on browsers in December.
What do you make of Hime’s Quest? Remark like its 1999 down beneath!