Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 271st day, we check out the primary developments.
Right here is the scenario because it stands on Monday, November 21:
- Russian forces pounded Ukrainian positions with artillery fireplace and within the jap area alone launched virtually 400 strikes, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy mentioned in a video tackle.
- Zelenskyy added Ukraine troops within the south had been “persistently and really calculatedly destroying the potential of the occupiers”.
- Oleh Zhdanov, a army analyst based mostly in Kyiv, mentioned offensive battles had been happening on the Bakhmut and Avdiivka entrance traces within the Donetsk area.
- Ukrainian forces are being moved in the direction of Zaporizhzhia, Dnipropetrovsk and Kharkiv, amongst others. Russian troops are regrouping within the Zaporizhzhia course and Donetsk and Luhansk, Zhdanov mentioned.
- Kyrylo Tymoshenko, deputy head of Zelenskyy’s administration, mentioned Russian forces fired at a residential constructing within the Kherson area. “There could also be folks below the rubble. Emergency companies are working on the scene,” Tymoshenko mentioned.
- The top of the UN nuclear watchdog has warned whoever fired artillery at Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Energy Plant was “taking part in with fireplace” as his crew ready to examine it for harm.
- The Worldwide Atomic Vitality Company mentioned greater than a dozen blasts shook the nuclear plant late on Saturday and Sunday.
- Lots of of Kherson residents flocked to purchase groceries on the first Ukrainian grocery store to open because the metropolis was retaken by pro-Kyiv forces earlier this month.
- Kherson metropolis stays with out electrical energy, operating water or heating.