Google Chrome has a local darkish mode that modifications the look of the house web page, toolbars, and settings, and it mechanically engages if you happen to select system-wide darkish mode in your Android cellphone or Home windows machine. You too can manually set darkish mode in Chrome through settings, and along with altering the interface, it should additionally render web sites in darkish mode — supplied they provide that characteristic.
However what about different websites that do not supply a devoted darkish mode? There is a nifty resolution to render all web sites in darkish mode by default on Google Chrome, and what’s nice about this technique is that it would not want an extension — so you should use it with Google Chrome for Android in addition to Home windows.
So if you happen to like darkish mode and need to use it with all web sites in Google Chrome, here is what it’s worthwhile to do.
Find out how to allow darkish mode for all web sites in Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Within the tackle bar, write chrome://flags and hit Enter.
3. On this web page, seek for Darkish mode. It ought to floor a flag referred to as Auto Darkish Mode for Internet Contents.
4. This flag is ready to Default. Choose the menu and select Enabled.
5. Now you need to see the Enabled tag chosen. You may see a dialog field asking to restart Chrome. Hit Relaunch to proceed.
6. You now have darkish mode enabled for all web sites in Chrome.
That is all there’s to it. This is among the first issues I do on any new Android cellphone I arrange, and it has labored reliably for me for effectively over a yr now. One of the best half is that you just needn’t use an extension to toggle darkish mode for all web sites.
The one caveat right here is that it would not work on macOS or iOS; as Chrome makes use of the WebKit engine on these platforms, you aren’t getting this characteristic. However for Android and Home windows, that is the best option to allow darkish mode for all web sites.