ZOOM has introduced its new F8n Professional, a twin AD, and 32-bit float 8 channel area recorder. This seems like a really succesful and well-featured mixer/recorder.
The enter indicators may be recorded within the 32-bit float WAV format. The mix of twin AD converters and 32-bit float recording allows audio recording with out achieve adjustment and with out sound distortion.
The F8n Professional has 8 channel inputs and the power to document as much as 10 tracks of audio.
It has onboard BNC timecode in/out and it may be powered by way of 8 AA batteries, an exterior DC energy provide, or by way of a 12V AC adapter.
The F8n Professional may also be used as an 8-in / 4-out USB audio interface that helps 32-bit float.
So far as what media it makes use of, the ZOOM F8n Professional options two SD card slots and it will possibly take SD playing cards as much as 1TB in measurement. What’s fascinating is that when you have the recorder/mixer hooked as much as a pc you possibly can document the audio to your pc by way of the USB output whereas concurrently recording to the SD playing cards.
- Twin AD converters
- Helps for 32-bit float recording (16bit / 24bit may also be chosen)
- 8 channel enter, most 10 tracks (8ch + L / R) simultaneous recording
- Most 192kHz Excessive-resolution recording in 32-bit float WAV format
- Excessive-quality pre-amplifier with ultra-low noise ground design with a most achieve of 75dB and EIN -127dBu
- Neutrik XLR / TRS combo enter with 8 lock mechanisms
- Microphone / line (+ 4dBu appropriate) ) Enter supply switching can also be attainable
- Excessive-precision time code with an error of 0.5 frames in much less in 24 hours
- Superior limiter that pre-reads peaks and prevents overload
- ZOOM auto combine perform that robotically adjusts the extent of inputs
- 3 energy varieties: 8 AA batteries, exterior DC energy provide, 12V AC adapter
- Impartial observe knob for every channel, 6-segment LED degree meter, PFL / Solo swap
- Outfitted with two mini XLR (TA3) balanced predominant outputs and a stereo mini specification sub output
- Headphone jack with quantity management (output 100mW)
- 2.4″ full shade, backlit LCD (with monochrome mode)
- Double SD card slot appropriate with as much as 1TB SDXC
- Constructed-in slate microphone / slate tone
- 8 in / 4 out, USB audio interface perform appropriate with as much as 96kHz / 32-bit float
- Backup recording to a pc by way of the USB audio output concurrently recording to the built-in SD card
- 360° spatial audio utilizing a VR microphone and built-in Ambisonic recording mode
- Distant management from Android* / iOS utility “F8 Management” by way of Bluetooth connection (* Android model is scheduled to be launched in March 2022)
- Optionally available mixer controller (F-Contro)
- Optionally available ZOOM microphone capsules may be related (the XAH-8, EXH-8, VRH-8 will not be supported)
Worth & Availability
The ZOOM F8n Professional is at the moment solely obtainable in Japan and the worth right here is listed as ¥148,000 (round $1,280 USD). The primary batch rapidly bought out and now they’re on backorder.