Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons is the most recent enlargement headed to the MMORPG and releases on February 28, 2022. Not solely will this new story take gamers again to the beloved land of Cantha after two centuries of in-game time, however it’ll additionally add the primary multiplayer mount within the siege turtle, new elite specializations, private skiffs, fishing, and a lot extra.
To get you prepared for the return journey to Cantha, we’ve highlighted 5 of the very best new options coming to Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons beneath. Moreover, we’ll additionally reveal a sweepstakes that may give followers the prospect to call an in-game NPC and make a journey to ArenaNet to fulfill a few of the group behind the sport.
Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons’ Story Takes Gamers Again to the Beloved Land of Cantha
In 2006, Guild Wars: Factions launched gamers to the nation of Cantha, a verdant island area south of the Endless Ocean in Tyria. Since then, Cantha has been closed off and remoted from the remainder of the world as a result of jade wind, a devastating power that turned a lot of the nation and its surrounding space into strong jade.
200 in-game years later, Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons brings gamers again to the land that’s now powered by dragonjade. The enlargement’s new story picks up following the participant vanquishing the six primordial elder dragons and serving to elevate Aurene – the elder dragon of sunshine – and gamers will likely be thrust right into a battle between rival Canthan factions.
Throughout Cantha’s two centuries of isolation, the area has grow to be “an enormous panorama of verdant coastal paradises, twisted forests, mountain temples, and at its core, the huge, neon-lit streets of New Kaineng Metropolis, the jade tech-infused metropolis that’s residence to the Xunlai Jade Companies and the Canthan Authorities.”
Cantha Options 4 New Areas Ready to Be Explored
Cantha was a fan-favorite space in Guild Wars: Factions, and Guild Wars 2 is bringing it again with 4 expansive and distinctive areas which might be simply ready to be explored.
Shing Jea Island is a “harbor of tranquility and peace” that’s southwest of mainland Cantha. Its crystal clear waters are an ideal place for gamers to check out Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons’ new skiffs to journey round. Additionally it is a spot in-universe the place many heroic journeys have discovered their beginnings.
New Kaineng Metropolis was constructed after a devastating tidal wave destroyed Outdated Kaineng. This new metropolis was constructed south of the unique, and it’ll look a lot totally different than gamers might have remembered from Guild Wars. Whereas Outdated Kaineng was made up of “rickety wooden buildings” and “clear temples within the palace,” New Kaineng Metropolis has embraced the most recent expertise and is full of neon-lights. For these hoping for a little bit of the previous, a nook of the town does comprise the ruins of the Outdated Kaineng.
The Echovald Wilds is one other area that will likely be acquainted to Guild Wars gamers, as main buildings like Home zu Heltzer, Temple of the Dredge, and Fort Aspenwood are nonetheless standing. Nevertheless, a large, dense forest of petrified timber and stone buildings have weaved their methods into them due to Tengu and the folks of Kurzick and Luxon descent. This area is named Cantha’s wildest area, and the jade tech junkyard that sits in the course of the Echovald Wilds is all the time calling the harmful gangs of the Jade Brotherhood and the Audio system in the direction of it.
Lastly, the Jade Sea is residence to a big mining operation that works to extract the jade that powers the Canthan empire. This map incorporates elements of the Jade Quarry map from Guild Wars alongside the Harvest Temple and Unwaking Waters.
9 New Elite Specializations Add Even Extra Selection to Gameplay
Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons options 9 new elite specializations that add much more selection to gameplay and provides adventurers new methods to play. The 9 elite specializations, and their official descriptions, are as follows;
- Virtuoso – The virtuoso sharpens the facility of their thoughts into lethal psionic blades. Not like conventional mesmer illusions, they wield these instantly as magic projectiles.
- Harbinger – A harbinger makes no clear kills, wielding a pistol to devastate their enemies with noxious, corrosive bullets. These expert alchemists have developed elixirs to inflict Blight on themselves, changing their very own ache into energy.
- Willbender – A willbender’s bladework is unmatched and wielding a sword of their offhand offers them additional alternatives for ruthless cuts.
- Vindicator – Vindicators channel the legendary alliance between two mortal foes to devastate their enemies and shield their allies.
- Bladesworn – Advances in Canthan expertise have yielded a fusion of firearm and longsword: the gunsaber. Solely the bladesworn can deal with such a risky weapon.
- Catalyst – Catalysts have revitalized historical methods for channeling elemental forces—with a number of trendy enhancements, like their jade tech spheres.
- Specter – Specters are masters of shadow magic, utilizing their scepters to wield darkish forces in debilitating enemies.
- Untamed – Historic forces of nature dwell inside Echovald, and the untamed channel these primal energies by their bond with their pets.
- Mechanist – Nobody makes mates like a mechanist! They name the pictures on the battlefield alongside their useful jade tech battle mechs.
The Siege Turtle – Guild Wars 2’s First Multiplayer Mount – Leads the New Mounts Out there in Finish of Dragons
Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons introduces new mounts for gamers to earn, together with the siege turtle – Guild Wars 2’s first multiplayer mount. The siege turtle is a 2-player mount that has a spotlight extra on fight than motion. It makes use of jade tech to energy its essential turret and its highly effective jets of vitality that may carry it into the air.
These bounce jets can assist the siege turtle navigate robust terrain, and it’ll slide into turns when it will get to a excessive sufficient velocity. Contemplating it’s a turtle, gamers may even be capable to take it underwater, however it’ll sink proper to the underside of the ocean ground.
Whereas the motive force will primarily management the siege turtle’s motion, the passenger will likely be answerable for manning its siege cannons, which have an ammo system that builds up over time and thru use.
Gamers can then elevate their siege turtle from an “lovely hatchling to a canon-carrying mount,” making the connection with the participant even that rather more significant.
Skiffs, Fishing, and Jade Bots Are New Options That Make the Recreation Really feel New
Skiffs, fishing, and jade bots are all a few of the new additions which might be set to make Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons one of the vital substantial and recent expansions the MMO has seen but.
Cantha is stuffed and surrounded by water, and Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons is giving gamers a brand new solution to navigate these waterways in skiffs. These private watercraft autos will permit gamers to ferry themselves and as much as 4 different gamers across the island of Cantha.
Whereas the participant who summoned the skiff would be the one to drive it, the opposite passengers will be capable to preserve the skipper’s increase meter full by emoting. Skiffs will also be anchored by the motive force in the event that they want to benefit from one among Finish of Dragons different new options – fishing.
Fishing will likely be unlocked within the early hours of Finish of Dragon and can give gamers and their mates a brand new exercise to get pleasure from when out at sea. Fishing comes with three new gathering instruments – rods, lures, and bait – and it additionally has a brand new mastery line that may let gamers enhance their expertise. It additionally pays to fish with mates, as extra fishers in your social gathering enhance your group’s general fishing prowess.
An lovely addition to the sport are the jade bots, which are a part of a brand new mastery line powered by Canthan jade tech. These bots are utility units that “present a wide range of noncombat capabilities, together with zip traces, glider boosts, a rescue protocol, private waypoints, skiff boosts, a scavenger protocol, junk conversion, and treasure looking.” These bots are a product of Xunlai Jade and they’re model new tech that has no ties to the unique Guild Wars.
Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons Editions and the Guild Wars 2 Dragon Legacy Sweepstakes
These are only some of the various new additions that may arrive alongside Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons on February 28, 2022. If that’s sufficient to promote you on embarking on this new journey in Cantha, it’s necessary to know that there are three other ways to buy the sport.
Pre-order the Customary Version for $29.99 USD to obtain pre-purchase bonuses just like the: Flame Serpent Weapon Chest, Shing Jea Mosaic Cape, and Prodigy of Shing Jea Title. The Deluxe Version, which prices $54.99, incorporates every thing within the Customary Version plus the Canthan Raptor Pores and skin and the Shing Jea Dragon Boat Skiff Pores and skin. The $79.99 Final Version will give gamers every thing beforehand talked about plus 4,000 Gems.
All gamers who pre-purchase any of Guild Wars: Finish of Dragons editions by the official Guild Wars 2 retailer earlier than 11:59pm PT on February 27 and have opted in to obtain electronic mail newsletters as of the drawing date (on or round March 4, 2022) will robotically be entered within the Guild Wars 2 Dragon Legacy Sweepstakes.
There will likely be three winners chosen on this sweepstakes, and they’re going to every have the prospect to win Aurene’s Prize Pack (ARV USD $5,455.99), Kralkatorrik’s Prize Pack (ARV USD $2,139.95), or Glint’s Prize Pack (ARV USD $1,831.97). As for what every pack incorporates, the prizes are as follows;
Aurene’s Prize Pack
- The chance to collaborate with the Guild Wars 2 improvement group in creating a reputation for a commemorative non-player character.
- Journey for winner and one (1) visitor to ArenaNet in Bellevue, WA to fulfill with some members of the Guild Wars 2 group. See Official Guidelines for additional particulars. Consists of journey as described within the Official Guidelines.
- Aurene Elder Dragon Premium Collectable Statue
- HyperX Cloud II Branded Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons Headset
- For Followers By Followers, Funko Pop! and Darkish Horse Guild Wars 2 Items
Kralkatorrik’s Prize Pack
- An internet gaming session of roughly 2–3 hours enjoying Guild Wars 2 with not less than 3 members of the Guild Wars 2 improvement group for the winner and one visitor. Time to get your Carry (or Conquer) the Creator achievement!
- HP OMEN 16 Gaming Laptop computer
- HyperX Alloy Origins Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, HyperX Pulsefire FPS Professional-Gaming Mouse, HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset, and OMEN Transceptor 15 Rolltop Backpack
- Aurene Elder Dragon Premium Collector Statue
- For Followers By Followers, Funko Pop! and Darkish Horse Guild Wars 2 Items
Glint’s Prize Pack
- A Guild Wars 2 portrait of the winner’s character performed by an ArenaNet artist, printed on canvas roughly 20H” x 20W” (remaining dimensions depending on character used) and signed by members of the event group.
- A 12 months’s provide of Butterfinger™ sweet bars (that’s 4 hundred and thirty-two full-size bars in a single cargo—practically sufficient to feed Skrittsburgh).
- DXRacer Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons Version Gaming Chair
- HyperX Alloy Origins Keyboard, HyperX Pulsefire Raid Mouse, and HyperX Cloud II Branded Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons Headset
- For Followers By Followers, Funko Pop! and Darkish Horse Guild Wars 2 items
In the event you occurred to buy the enlargement from one other retailer or wish to enter with out pre-purchasing, you may ship an e-mail in the course of the entry interval to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic line “Sweepstakes Entry,” your authorized title, metropolis, and nation of residence within the physique of the e-mail. The entries should be submitted by the e-mail that’s related along with your ArenaNet account.
Guild Wars 2: Finish of Dragons releases on February 28, 2022, and this breakdown of 5 new options coming with the enlargement are solely the tip of the iceberg for what’s in retailer for followers after they head again to Cantha after two centuries of ready.